Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Gifts Planted in Me:

Giver of Life, awaken me to the gifts you have planted in me. I promise to use them responsibly and well in the service of faith, hope and love. May the gifts you’ve entrusted with me grow to fullness so that they may nourish those who hunger for a taste of you. Amen.

Do Not Be Afraid:

Jesus, you often comforted your disciples by saying, “Do not be afraid.” Help me to trust, even when I feel lost, that you are with me. Give me courage to ask for help when I need it, especially when I feel lost and forsaken. Amen.

Trust – Holy Spirit:

Jesus assures us that if we are committed to living our lives for God and out of love for Him, then we do not need to worry about whether others will denounce or destroy us. The Truth of God will set us free. The preservation of our reputation should always be secondary to the promoting of God’s Greater Glory.

Perseverance – Prayer:

In today’s Gospel, Jesus explains the need to trust God and be patient when we pray. We need to be aware that God decides on the right time to give us what is best for us. Will a parent give his fifteen year old son a sports car, even if they can afford it?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Live in such a way that all may know that you bear outwardly as well as inwardly the image of Christ crucified, the model of all gentleness and mercy.

- Saint Paul of the Cross (1694-1775)


I strive always in all things to understand as clearly as possible and follow the will of God, and this in the most perfect way.

- Blessed Charles of Austria (1887-1922)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home