Faith – Witness:
St Francis Xavier spread the truth of Christ, our Saviour with great passion. How much we value our faith is shown in the quality of how we live for God and how deep is our desire to draw people closer to Him. Does your life show that you value your faith?
Not Worthy to Receive You:
At every Mass we recall the centurion’s words: “Lord, I am not worthy to receive you.” Truly, even the most worthy among us recognize that we all are on equal footing before God.
**********************************************************************************************
It is not the actual physical exertion that counts towards a man's progress, nor the nature of the task, but by the spirit of faith with which it is undertaken.
- Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552)
My own Jesus, what you ask is beyond me. I can hardly understand half of the things you want. I am unworthy. I am sinful. I am weak. Go, Jesus, and find a more worthy soul, a more generous one.
—Mother Teresa
All of us are called to “go and preach to all nations” (see Matthew 28:19). Our preaching is not necessarily on distant shores but to our families, our children, our husband or wife, our coworkers. And we are called to preach not with words, but by our everyday lives. Only by sacrifice, the giving up of all selfish gain, could Francis Xavier be free to bear the Good News to the world. Sacrifice is leaving yourself behind at times for a greater good, the good of prayer, the good of helping someone in need, the good of just listening to another. The greatest gift we have is our time. Francis gave his to others.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home