Lift Me Up:
I am often cast down, defeated, and broken; often blind and insensitive even to those I love; often caught up foolishly in that which is passing away before my eyes. Spirit of truth, when this road is long and weary and I am fearful and tired, lift me up on your eagle wings so that I may not fail utterly those whom you have given me in this life to influence, to help and to support.
Burdened World – Faith:
In today’s Gospel, Jesus comforts those who are “overburdened by life’s demands: great anxieties, sacrifices of bringing up a family etc Jesus urges all of us to “find rest in Him.” Do we dare to trust God enough with our lives or are we trying to take “control” of every part of our life?
*********************************************************************************************
In the midst of sickness the best prayer may be offered, and it is a mistake to think it can only be offered in solitude.
- Saint Theresa of Avila (1515- 1582)
I am often cast down, defeated, and broken; often blind and insensitive even to those I love; often caught up foolishly in that which is passing away before my eyes. Spirit of truth, when this road is long and weary and I am fearful and tired, lift me up on your eagle wings so that I may not fail utterly those whom you have given me in this life to influence, to help and to support.
Burdened World – Faith:
In today’s Gospel, Jesus comforts those who are “overburdened by life’s demands: great anxieties, sacrifices of bringing up a family etc Jesus urges all of us to “find rest in Him.” Do we dare to trust God enough with our lives or are we trying to take “control” of every part of our life?
*********************************************************************************************
In the midst of sickness the best prayer may be offered, and it is a mistake to think it can only be offered in solitude.
- Saint Theresa of Avila (1515- 1582)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home