Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Positive side of Life

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.

Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.

Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices every day, how come nothing is free yet?

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.


Working for God on earth does not pay much, but His Retirement plan is out of this world.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
_____________________________________________________________
In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah (on her show) for Dr.Angelou's74th birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older.

And, there on television, she said it was "exciting."Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day...like her breasts.They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist first, she said.

The audience laughed so hard they cried.Dr. Angelou also said: "I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.
I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a"life."I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.

People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home