Lord, Teach Me:
Lord, I have often prayed to be able to see you, hear you, touch you and know you where you really are. Yet when I do see you in a lowly, dirty, perhaps crazy person living on the street, I don't know how to respond. Teach me, I beg you, what to do. Knowing you are in the poor is one thing; knowing how to embrace you in the poor is a much more difficult matter.
Suffering – Faith:
Jesus urged His disciples to ‘see’ beyond their pains and sufferings in this life. Insofar as they continue to live out God’s ways and make Him known, their pains will be short lived and they will soon inherit eternal joy. Is Jesus also challenging us to live out our faith in the same way?
************************************************************************************************
Without faith one does not please God; without gentleness one does not please one's neighbor.
- St Leonard Murialdo (1828-1900)
Lord, I have often prayed to be able to see you, hear you, touch you and know you where you really are. Yet when I do see you in a lowly, dirty, perhaps crazy person living on the street, I don't know how to respond. Teach me, I beg you, what to do. Knowing you are in the poor is one thing; knowing how to embrace you in the poor is a much more difficult matter.
Suffering – Faith:
Jesus urged His disciples to ‘see’ beyond their pains and sufferings in this life. Insofar as they continue to live out God’s ways and make Him known, their pains will be short lived and they will soon inherit eternal joy. Is Jesus also challenging us to live out our faith in the same way?
************************************************************************************************
Without faith one does not please God; without gentleness one does not please one's neighbor.
- St Leonard Murialdo (1828-1900)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home