Sunday, June 01, 2008

Men and Women for Others:

In your twenty-first-century community how can you lay down your life for others? As violence, abuse and persecution engulf your community and the communities around you, how can you see Christ in your neighbor?

Belief in God:

In today's Gospel, Jesus reprimands those who call Him 'Lord, Lord' but not 'act on His Words.' St James letter says, 'Faith without works in dead.' Pray for the grace of sincerity and strength to love God more wholeheartedly and to show this through the love for our neighbours.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

What are these few orphans we attend to, these few people we bring the good news to, compared to the millions who are lost and abandoned as sheep without a shepherd? I looked for an answer and I found a complete one in the words of Jesus: "Ask the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers to gather his harvest". I concluded then that I had found the secret key to all good works and to the salvation of all souls.

- Saint Hannibal Mary di Francia (1851-1927)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home