Prayers to Conceive a Child
Q:In your November 1996 issue you had an item about St. Mary Frances of Naples as an intercessor for those who have been sterile. Can you supply a prayer for my granddaughters who remain childless and want to become parents?
A:I found no prayers for those who want to conceive. So I wrote two of my own which I offer to you and yours for their use if they wish.
Prayer to Conceive a Child:
"St. Mary Frances of Naples, in life and in death you have pleaded the cause of the childless and infertile. Through your prayers and intercession many thought to be sterile have conceived children and become parents. I (my spouse and I) now ask you to look upon me (us) as we ask your prayers and intercession that we may conceive and bring to birth a child who will serve and glorify God always and everywhere. Amen."
Prayer for a Child:
"Lord, despite the barrenness of Elizabeth and the advanced years of Zechariah, you answered their prayers for a child in a marvelous way. You favored them with the conception and the birth of John the Baptist. I (we) pray that you give me (us) the grace of conceiving and bringing to birth a child who will honor and serve you and your people all the days of his or her life. Amen."
A:I found no prayers for those who want to conceive. So I wrote two of my own which I offer to you and yours for their use if they wish.
Prayer to Conceive a Child:
"St. Mary Frances of Naples, in life and in death you have pleaded the cause of the childless and infertile. Through your prayers and intercession many thought to be sterile have conceived children and become parents. I (my spouse and I) now ask you to look upon me (us) as we ask your prayers and intercession that we may conceive and bring to birth a child who will serve and glorify God always and everywhere. Amen."
Prayer for a Child:
"Lord, despite the barrenness of Elizabeth and the advanced years of Zechariah, you answered their prayers for a child in a marvelous way. You favored them with the conception and the birth of John the Baptist. I (we) pray that you give me (us) the grace of conceiving and bringing to birth a child who will honor and serve you and your people all the days of his or her life. Amen."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home