Saturday, May 21, 2005

Does God Heal?

Q: One question. Am I unreal to believe in physical healings? With God all things are possible. He knew my name before I was born, surely he always cares. Scripture is full of healings! I expect to be healed. Am I a fool? I think not.

A: God does work miracles—among them miracles of healing. But by definition miracles are rare. They are worked for God’s good purpose and glory, to further his purposes. Obviously, they are not everyday events.

I’m sure God is present in your life and in the lives of the sick, and he responds to their prayers for healing—usually through human instruments like doctors, nurses, etc.

Pray with faith but in the spirit of Jesus in the garden, “Not my will but yours be done” (Luke 22:42). The ultimate gift is the strength and courage to “come after Jesus” and take up our cross and follow him, offering our pain and suffering for the redemption of God’s people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home