Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Haven of Rest:

Because he is the God of peace, the Father provides this inner haven for each of us, a shelter that allows us to survive during difficult times, a place where we can receive the light of grace. If we are trying desperately to hold onto him, God will allow us to find this precious place of peace. He will hold out his hand.


Evidences - Faith:

In today's Gospel, Jesus laments the lack of belief in Him and His Teachings. The evidences of God’s almighty power in the wonder of the human person, the world, the universe and our experiences of 'miracles' are overwhelming. Yet, why do we still turn away from His Truth that offers eternal life?

==================================================================

What would remain to me if God took all that He has given me? If God took back my mind, what should I be? If He deprived me of life and motion, what should I be? If He took away my substance and my whole being, what should I be? A simple nothing! O my God! All I have comes from You; it is just that all in me should belong to you.

- Saint Ignatius of Loyola

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home