Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Center of All:

You are at the center of all that is, O God. You are our breath and our life. You are our hope and love. Send us as servants of all that is and teach us to honor all you have given us. Amen.

The Lake Isle of Innisfree:

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee, And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow, Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings; There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet’s wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and dayI hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore; While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey, I hear it in the deep heart’s core.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.

- St. Rose of Lima (1586-1617

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home