Sunday, January 16, 2005

(¯`v´¯) Change yourself first (¯`v´¯)

Abdul Alzruddin felt the weight of old age upon him. One day, as he sat with his friends drinking tea, he reminisced about his past. "When I was young I was of joyful temperament," said he "My only desire at that time was to change every human being in this world. I prayed daily to Allah for strength to do this.

When I reached middle age, I looked back on my life and noticed that I had not changed anyone. Oh, my ambition was too high, I thought. Then I wanted to change only those who were very close to me. They needed a real change for the better, I thought. Once again I prayed to Allah.

As I became old, I realised that more than 2/3 of my life had already slipped by and yet, I had not changed a single human being. Now I pray: "O, Allah, if possible change me and make me according to your own wish and plan. That is the only thing I can realy do."

We human beings are always keeping a keen eye on the faults of others. Why not try looking into ours first before we attempt to look at others?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."(Matthew 7:1-6)

[m] [e] [s] [s] [a] [g] [e] [s]

Aloysius: Hope you like this post...hahahah.... =p Happy reading my blog and thanks for visiting it always though I know you came because you are bored at home..nevertheless..thanks for visiting..ahah

Sharon: Dont' know whether you'll see this or not...but ..anyway...take care of your health ok? No amount of medicine will help unless you take the first step to help yourself....stay happy...

Geraldine: I also dont know you will see this or not..ahha....attachment end le ah....enjoy school wor....am sure you'll be able to find something out of it to make yourself happy....smile alwayz... =)

Aunty Victoria: Thank you for visiting my bloggie and concern....it feels like there's a second mum watching over me...hehez.....take care and God bless you always...

Everyone: Live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of it...Life is fragile....stay happy and in good health...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home